Home Movie Film
What we do:
8mm & Super 8mm Process:
Our system uses Emulsion Side Scanning to give you the highest quality picture. This "Direct Imaging" process is fed directly into our computers. Your transfer is flickerless with our special threading system even if you have some broken sprockets. In the end you have a superior transfer that far exceeds most of our competition.
All transfers are done on premises (always ask where your transfer is done) for the best quality control.
- We transfer your movie film to DVD using only premuim quality DVD's. We record onto the DVD-R format for maximum compatibility with DVD players.
- All DVDs come standard with a vinyl library case and cover printed with your name. See below for options such as a custom case with images from the DVD, custom disc label, music, opening title and graphics and editing.
- We clean, lubricate and splice the film (as needed) at no additional charge.
- We take every step to condition your film.
- Almost all film can be transferred regardless of age.
- We return all of your film. Please note that film on small reels may be spliced together and returned on a larger reel.
Our system also transfers Super 8mm with sound & Bell & Howell FILMOSOUND.
Our Transfer includes Free:
Editing out parts that are completely dark or extremely light.
Darkening or lightening the parts that need it.
Electronically adjusting the film color for best film conversion possible.
Adding a title at the beginning of the transfer.
- 3" reel = 50 ft. (4 minutes) $10.00
- 4" reel=100 ft. (8 minutes) $18.00
- 5" reel=200 ft. (16 minutes) $35.00
- 6" reel=300 ft. (24 minutes) $50.00
- 7" reel=400 ft. (32 minutes) $65.00
Call for prices on Bell & Howell FILMOSOUND & Polaroid Polavision
Call for pricing on putting film onto files such as AVI, MPEG, FLV, WMV and Apple MAC Quicktime files MOV & H.264.
A DVD will hold approximately 1,600 ft. of film
Minimum charge to transfer 8mm or super 8mm movie film to DVD is $65.00
- Add light, easy listening music or music of your choice to the DVD for $10.00 per hr. A nice addition when displaying silent images.
- Upgrade to a custom package that includes images from your DVD on the library case, a custom disc label and an opening title and graphics at the start of DVD for $20.00.
- Order extra copies of the DVD for family and friends for $10.00 each.
- Editing price depends on the extent of the editing. Call us with your request.
What you do
- Number each reel of film with a felt-tip pen, starting with #1. This will be the film's sequence on the DVD.
- Call us to get the best price for your project.
- Advise us about options such as music, editing, custom cover and additional copies.
Notes on film condition:
- Storage of your film can affect the quality, color and condition of your film. Storage in an attic may have subjected the film to extreme heat or cold. Storage in the basement may have subjected the film to high humidity. This is why you should not wait to convert 8mm and super 8mm film to DVD.