16mm Film Transfer
16mm Film Transfer
What we do:
- We transfer your movie film to DVD using only premuim quality DVD's. We record onto the DVD-R format for maximum compatibility with DVD players.
- All DVDs come standard with a vinyl library case and cover printed with your name. See below for options such as a custom case with images from the DVD, custom disc label, music, opening title and graphics and editing.
- We clean, lubricate and splice the film (as needed) at no additional charge.
- We take every step to condition your film.
- Almost all film can be transferred regardless of age.
- We return all of your film.
Our system uses Emulsion Side Scanning to give you the highest quality picture. This "Direct Imaging" process is fed directly into our computers. Your transfer is flickerless with our special threading system even if you have some broken sprockets. In the end you have a superior transfer that far exceeds most of our competition.
All transfers are done on premises (always ask where your transfer is done) for the best quality control.
Sound 16mm film may be enhanced to give you the best audio quality.
Our Transfer includes Free:
Editing out parts that are completely dark or extremely light.
Darkening or lightening the parts that need it.
Electronically adjusting the film color for best film conversion possible.
Adding a title at the beginning of the transfer.
Call for pricing on putting film onto files such as AVI, MPEG, FLV, WMV and Apple MAC Quicktime files MOV & H.264.
A DVD will hold approximately 2,200 ft. of 16mm film.
Minimum charge to transfer 16mm film to DVD is $65.00
- 3" reel = 50 ft. (2 minutes) $10.00
- 4" reel=100 ft. (5 minutes) $18.00
- 5" reel=200 ft. (10 minutes) $35.00
- 6" reel=300 ft. (15 minutes) $50.00
- 7" reel=400 ft. (21 minutes) $65.00
- Add light, easy listening music or music of your choice to the DVD for $10.00 per hr. A nice addition when displaying silent images.
- Upgrade to a custom package that includes images from your DVD on the library case, a custom disc label and an opening title and graphics at the start of DVD for $20.00.
- Order extra copies of the DVD for family and friends for $10.00 each.
- Editing price depends on the extent of the editing. Call us with your request.
What you do
- Number each reel of film with a felt-tip pen, starting with #1. This will be the film's sequence on the DVD.
- Call us to get the best price for your project.
- Advise us about options such as music, editing, custom cover and additional copies.
Notes on film condition:
Hecker Video offers added security and convenience with free pick-up of your films, videotapes, slides and photos and free delivery of your finished DVD’s at no additional charge anywhere in Queens, Nassau or Suffolk County, LI ( Long Island ) NY for orders over $85!
- Storage of your film can affect the quality, color and condition of your film. Storage in an attic may have subjected the film to extreme heat or cold. Storage in the basement may have subjected the film to high humidity. This is why you should not wait to convert 16mm to DVD.
Please call (631) 750-2708 or (516) 457-0665 for assistance and order information.
Hours of Operation: Everyday from 9AM to 7PM
Email Us at email@example.com
51 Opal Street
Holbrook, NY 11741